The big 8-inch woofer of the RC-80i makes an enormous impact, with the maximum amount of bass you’re likely to encounter from an in-ceiling speaker. The RC-80i is perfect for areas requiring big, rich sound with good coverage, but with no room for traditional speaker clutter. Designed for superior wide dispersion, you’ll hear great sound no matter where you are in the room.
- Easy one-cut, drop-in installation puts built-in audio within reach, with Perfect Fit templates, a precision flange, and (available) pre-construction brackets; achieve secure, vibration-free efficiency with a simple turn of the patented Rotating Cam system.
- With infinite baffle tuning, RCi speakers utilise the “virtual enclosure” of your in-wall and in-ceiling space to enhance their bass response and smooth low frequency blending with the midrange.
- Lightweight and stiff blue polymer cones deliver excellent damping and bass response.
- Durable, computer-modeled, injection-moulded butyl rubber surrounds suppress unwanted cone resonances for a lifetime of reliable sound.
- Aimable swivel tweeters for greater accuracy and more realistic imaging. (All models except RC-6s.)
- Polk’s proprietary, patented Dynamic Balance® technology allows our engineers to design out distortion-causing driver and system resonances, so you only hear the good sounds.
- Klippel motor optimisation uses laser measurement technology to ensure a smooth excursion path at either end of the volume spectrum for uniform performance at both low and high volumes.
- Rustproof stainless steel hardware, durable butyl rubber surrounds and powder coated aluminium (in-ceiling) & painted steel (in-wall) grilles make RCi Series speakers suitable for high moisture areas like bathrooms, transitional spaces or even under eaves or in the ceiling of an enclosed porch. (RCi series are not suitable for exposed outdoor use. For outdoor speaker fun, use our Atrium® Series.)
- Paintable grilles let you build them in, and then forget all about them; RCi Series speakers practically disappear into any room.
- RCi Series speakers are timbre-matched to other Polk speakers to insure utterly seamless blending from speaker to speaker in systems that combine traditional and built-in speakers.
- All Polk products are made using the best materials and the most advanced manufacturing techniques. They pass the industry’s most exhaustive quality tests, including drop testing, extreme signal response and UV & salt exposure testing. Polk loudspeakers are built to perform for a lifetime.
For more detailed information on the Polk RC-80i In-Ceiling Speakers, click here.
Type: Dynamic Balance tweeter with metalised soft dome in ball-and-socket swivel mount
Mid / Woofer
Type: Dynamic Balance driver with mineral-filled polymer cone with rubber surround
Total Frequency Response: 35Hz - 20kHz
Upper -3dB Limit: 20 kHz
Lower -3dB Limit: 50 Hz
Nominal Impedance: 8 ohms
Efficiency: 90 dB
Recommended Amplifier Power: 20 - 100 watts per channel
Inputs: Spring-loaded clips
Cut-Out Diameter: 23.81cm
Overall Diameter: 27.30cm
Pre-Construction Bracket: PB LC80i
Overall Depth: 9.21cm